There are no entry requirements for this qualification in the training package.
CCMT has set its own entry requirements as follows:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have completed at least Australian Year 12 or equivalent school studies.
- Have an overall IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent score in other English skills tests (Test results must be no more than 2 years old).
- Participate in a Course Entry Interview to demonstrate their suitability for this course (their career goals, reasons for studying this course, etc).
- Pass LLN Test conducted by CCMT.
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of scores in English Language Test where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- Students who have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- Citizens and passport holders of one of the following English‑speaking countries: UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
Students who have successfully completed in Australia in the English language either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or 50% of the units of a Certificate IV or higher-level course, in the two years before applying for the student visa.
CRICOS Course Code: 112995J
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use well developed marketing and communication skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts. This qualification applies to individuals in full-time marketing roles, as well as those who are responsible for an organisation’s marketing in addition to other duties.
Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing & Communication
The latest release of the qualification can be found at: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB40820
Twelve (12) units including six (06) core units and six (06) elective units are required to pass for the award of the BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication. Units have been selected in accordance with the packaging rules and are relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and qualification level.
The costs for this course are as follows:
|Application Processing Fee||$250 (non-refundable to be paid on application)|
|Tuition fees:||AUD $18,000|
|Materials Fees:||AUD $300|
|Total Course Fee:||AUD $18,550|
The study materials are provided to students by CCMT and are included in total course fees.
BSBCMM411 Make presentations
BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities
BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour
BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
SIRXMKT006 Develop a social media strategy
BSBMKG434 Promote products and services
BSBESB404 Market new business ventures
BSBFIN401 Report on financial activity
BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
BSBOPS502 Manage Business Operational Plans
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into a range of Diploma qualifications, such as the BSB50620 – Diploma of Marketing and Communication.
Potential employment options are in businesses and companies in the roles such as Media Planner, Community Relations Team Leader (Local Government), Direct Marketing Officer, Assistant Advertising Account Planner, Public Relations Officer, Sales Administrator, etc.